The Islamic University of Gaza Instructor: Prof. Dr Adnan Enshassi
Faculty of Engineering
Engineering Management ECIV 4244
Management today is more of an art than a science. This course reviews the environmental context within which the engineering manager operates and the functions and roles of the engineering manager as they relate to the unique characteristics of technical functions.
The main objective of the course is to help students to develop a critical understanding of the fundamentals of construction management and linking theory with practice.
- Overview of the construction industry.
- Construction organization structure.
- Responsibilities of key construction personnel.
- Business organizational forms.
- Labor productivity.
- Planning and scheduling.
- Construction equipment.
- Safety and health.
- Quality management.
- Lean construction
- Six sigma.
Lecturing, Discussions, Exercises, Projects, Presentation, and Computer exercise on CPM.
Term Project 20%
Mid Term Exam 20%
Final Exam 60%
1. Fundamentals of construction management and organization, Tenah, K. A. and Guevara, J. M., Reston, 1985, USA.
.1مدخل إلى إدارة المشروعات الهندسية، أ.د. عدنان إنشاصي،.1997
- Professional Construction Management, D. Barie and B. Paulson, McGraw – Hill, 1992.
- Principles of Construction Management, Pilcher, McGraw-Hill, 1992, USA.
- Construction Project Management, Clough, R.H. and Sears, G.A, John Wile, 1992, UK.