Prof. Dr. Mohammad A. Awad
Former Deputy Prime Minister,
Former Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Planning ,
Professor and Doctor of Civil Engineering
Tel: +970 8 2644400 Ext: 2808
Professor at the civil Engineering Department
· .Vice President of IT Affairs at the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) (2005).
· Dean of the Engineering Faculty (IUG) (2003 -2005).
· Dean of Planning and Development (IUG) (2001-2003).
· Dean of the Engineering Faculty (IUG) (1999-2001).
· Lecturer at the Islamic University in Civil Engineering (1994-2006).
· Deputy Prime Minister. (September 2011 – September 2012).
· Minister of Foreign Affairs & Planning. (March 2011 – September 2012)
· .Minister of Planning. (2006 – September 2012).
· Secretary General of Council of Ministers. (2006 – March 2011)
· Chairman of the Government Committee for breaking the siege & Receiving Delegations. (March 2011 – September 2012).
· Chairman of the Government Administrative Committee. (2008 – 2012).
· Member of the Ministerial Committee for emergency. (2008 – 2012).
· Head of the Electricity Crisis Government Committee. (2010 – 2012)
· Vice Chairman of the Engineering Syndicate in the Gaza Strip (2004).
· Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
· Professor, IUG, Palestine, Soil & its Foundations,2003
· Associate Professor, IUG, Palestine, Soil & its Foundations,1998
· Doctorate, Middle East University – Turkey, Soil & its Foundations, 1991
· Master, Middle East University – Turkey, Soil & its Foundations, 1987
· Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Al-Mansoura University –Egypt,1984
1. Behavior of Jacked Steel Pipe Piles in Sand: Field Experimental Study, The Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering,8,A,2003
2. The Dependence of Bearing Value on Diameter of Driven Steel Piles in Sand, The Islamic University Journal, 11,1,2003
3. Evaluation of Steel Pipe Length Performance in Sand Based on Load Test Results, The Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 7,c,2002
4. Effect of Footing interaction on Bearing Capacity and Settlement of Sandy Soil, The Islamic University Journal, 9,1,2001
5. Discussion of "Determination of Bearing Capacity of Open-Ended Piles in Sand: By Paik, K. and Salgado R. January 2003, Vol. 129 No. 1, Journal of Geotechnical and Geo environmental, 2003
6. 2000: A Modified Sheet Piling System For Deep Excavation, , IUG Journal v8-no.1
7. 1999: Influence of Tiles Solid Waste Compound on Soil Mixes IUG Journal v7-no.2
8. 1999: Lateral Load Tests on Mini-Piles,. , IUG Journal v7-no.1
9. 1998: Field Loading Tests on Mini-Piles, IUG Journal v6-no.2.
10. 1997: Field Study of Water Effect on Gypsum Soil Soluble, IUG Journal v5-no.2.
11. 1992: Application of Wave Propagation Equation to Pile Aliaga Izmir. (In Turkish), IMO Tuknik Dergi
· Identification of Dispersive Clays in Gaza Strip Area; and Filter Effects on Dam Safety, First international Conference, Scour of Foundations,1, 2002
· 1992: The Effect of Confining Stress and Void Ratio on the Rate Effect Parameter of Driven Open-Ended Piles. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Application of Stress Wave Theory to Piles
· 1989: Soil Susceptibility to Dispersion. Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
2002: Engineering Education in Gaza Strip: Backward Study
1998: Soluble Salt Attack with Concrete. (In Arabic)
1998: Tower Foundation Problems in Gaza. (In Arabic)
· 2005: Solved Problems in Foundation Engineering.
· 2002: Foundation Problems for Engineers
· 2000: Solved Problems in Soil Mechanics
· 2000: Laboratory Manual for Soil Mechanics.
· 2014 Islamic University Reports
· 2013 Guidance of Scientific Research-Palestine