‘Kim‘ Questions for Discussion
In short paragraphs, comment on the following issues. MORE questions will be added soon. Stay tuned
- ‘Kim’ seems to be a novel about issues far more important than spying and adventure. Comment
- T. S Eliot says that Kipling is ‘a writer impossible to belittle’. What does that possibly mean?
- Why does Edward said take Kipling as ‘imperialist’?
- Kipling constructs an India in which the native population supports the British Empire and thus presents Britain’s imperialist presence as a positive good. Commment
- Kim is a markedly male story, featuring an all-male cast of characters and focusing on traditionally male relationships. Comment