Countable or Uncountable?
Some of the following sentences contain mistakes.
Find the mistakes, then compare your answers with other class members.
- How many money do you have in the bank at the moment?
- How many dollars do you get for 1000 Euros?
- My brother is lonely because he only has little friends.
- We only have a little time left so we need to hurry.
- I have read his message many times and I still don’t understand it.
- How many times does it take to go from London to Osaka?
- There are not many furnitures in this room so there are loads of space.
- I bought two clothes this weekend, a jacket and a little trousers.
- We’ve had very little bad weather this year.
- The news about the company’s profits were very good.
Now put the following “quantity words” into one of the boxes below.
no / few / a few / very few / loads of / not much / plenty of / many /
very little / little / a bit of / not many / a lot of / quite a lot of / hardly any
|Countable||Countable + Uncountable||Uncountable|
Copyright © 2002 by Charlie Marshall