using Para formats, comment on at least 10 of the following issues.
1. Comment on the concept of realism in the light of 'Animal Farm'.
2. What kind of narrator does George Orwell employ? Is it the best choice? Why?
3. Throughout the animals' reign on the farm, Napoleon and Squealer dangle the possibility of Jones' return as a constant danger, keeping most of the other animals in fear, and thus, submission.
4. How did Napoleon manage to render what was once held "sacred" and "necessary" to the common cause unnecessary and outdated?
5. Initially, the seven commandments issued by the animals were deemed unalterable, and symbolized a code by which the animals could live peacefully and equally among themselves. How and by what means were the commandments eventually changed? Choose and discuss one or two individual commandments. Who benefited in each instance and how?
6. Animal Farm is replete with subtle and not so-subtle lessons on blind conformity and the misuse of power.
7. Although Napoleon is considered the absolute Leader of Animal Farm, it is Squealer who is most adept at conveying the "party line" to the animals?
8. How do you interpret this final scene?
9. In reading Animal Farm, Lord Acton's famous pronouncement "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" may come to mind.
10. Which animal would be best suited to lead a group against Napoleon and the pigs? What qualities would this animal need to posses to do so?
11. What deeper symbolisms do Molly's actions hold?
12. Discuss the symbolism of Benjamin and his various pronouncements. What role does this character serve in Animal Farm?
13. Compare and contrast Napoleon and Snowball. What techniques do they use in their struggle for power? Does Snowball represent a morally legitimate political alternative to the corrupt leadership of Napoleon?
14. How does Orwell explore the problem of rhetoric in Animal Farm? Paying particular attention to the character of Squealer, how is language used as an instrument of social control? How do the pigs rewrite history?
15. Of all of the characters in Animal Farm, are there any who seem to represent the point of view of the author? Which of the animals or people do you think come(s) closest to achieving Orwell’s perspective on Animal Farm?
16. How effective is the novel as a fable?
17. Which of the characters in 'Animal Farm' would you want to be? Why?