January, 2009- Present
Committee Member, A professional committee formed by the Ministry of Housing & Public Works.
- Evaluation of buildings and structures damaged by the latest Israeli Aggressions on Gaza Strip.
- Setting the technical procedures for buildings that are to be rehabilitated.
January, 2008- Present
Committee Member, A consultative committee formed by IUG Gaza.
- Reviewing the structural designs of the buildings in The Engineering and Technological Sciences Township.
- Providing technical support, as per the needs of the Engineering Office.
- Evaluation of rehabilitation needs of University buildings that were damaged by fire and bombardment.
December, 2004- August, 2006
Project’s Director, Al-Zafer Contracting and Trading, Co., Gaza.
January, 2002- November, 2004
Site Manager, Construction and Office
Al-Zafer Group for Investment and Development, Co., Gaza
- Managing the construction of about 93 % of Skeikh Zayed Township Project, including recruitment of staff, planning and scheduling of works, preparation of method statements, procurement of materials, etc. The project, which is located in Beit-Lahia, is considered the largest comprehensive housing project in Gaza strip. It’s approximate cost is 47 million US dollars, funded by Abu Dahbi Fund for development, designed and supervised by DIWI Consult International.
- In addition to the duties shown above, I personally reviewed all structural design drawings, made design modifications supported by calculations, and redesigned all of the retaining walls in the project.
March, 1998- May, 2001
Chief Structural Engineer, High Line Engineering, Gaza.
- Structural design and supervision of several projects including Al-Waha Tourist Resort, which is considered as the major attraction in Gaza Strip. The project includes the construction of two 5-star hotels, large-span auditoriums, reception hall, restaurants, and other associated facilities. The project cost is estimated at 10 million US dollars.
September, 1995- March, 1998
Consultant / Coordinator, TAFU, Gaza.
- Managing a team of engineers at TAFU, Technical Advisory and Follow-up Unit, under contract with the municipality of Gaza. The TAFU unit has elevated the performance of the Municipality of Gaza technically and managerially.
- Recruitment of staff.
- Engineering design of some projects including the design of the hazardous waste section, a water well, a service compound, the civil works of the solid waste sorting and compaction unit, among other projects on behalf of the Municipality of Gaza.
- Supervision of the civil works required for the Gaza Municipality pumping station 6A.
- Preparation of a large number of technical reports dealing with the status of the facilities of Gaza Municipality, including sewage pumping stations, water wells among others, and giving recommendations for improvement.
- Member of the steering committee for Municipal Infrastructure Development Program (MIDP).
- Supervision of several projects under the Community Development Program (CDP). The program targeted the underprivileged neighborhoods of Gaza City.
- Project Manager for Gaza City Street Naming and House Numbering project. The project was financed by the British Consulate General in Jerusalem. The project has been successfully copied to other municipalities and localities in Gaza strip.
- Project Manager for execution of a large-scale greenhouse for Gaza Municipality. The project was financed by the British Consulate General in Jerusalem.
- Preparation of a maintenance manual for Gaza Municipality facilities. The manual was submitted for IBRD.
- Preparation and supervision of the 1996 and 1997 Gaza Municipality directories.
October 1983- August, 1985
Design Engineer, Gaza.
- Structural design and supervision of several residential buildings in Gaza Strip.